Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Analysis Paper Blog



Analysis Paper Blog
            To sum up my learning this semester, I would like to continue blogging about forensic science from the beginning to the end, more specifically for the topic of my analysis paper. There is a vast amount of depth in the field of forensic science, writing about it would my pleasure. The research I have done on the topic has been through the NOVA library online and a few reoccurring authors have helped me immensely. As blogging goes, the community so I have seen is large in numbers with constant ongoing new posts. My studies on forensic science has been intriguing and with the help of Lawrence Kobilinsky, the source "Forensic Science", and the community, I have felt comfortable about writing my upcoming Analysis Paper.
            Lawrence Kobilinsky has written the a book called: Forensic Science (Encyclopedia of Law Enforcement), it has enough information about the history of forensic science in which I have previously used in a blog. Kobilinsky is also a very famous forensic scientist analyst so I feel comfortable reading his information. Within his source Forensic Science, forensic science has developed into a large interdisciplinary field within the past century (Kobilinsky 193). The book summarizes forensic science in a nutshell and techniques, although lacking heavy analysis. I enjoyed using this source before and this author gives a great brief overview on forensic science and will fit perfect into my analysis paper.
            Another online source I came across was called Forensic Science, found on the Gale database, the editors Brenda Lerner and Lee Lerner helped me tremendously on multiple blogs of mine. The Lerners have written many different subdivisions of forensic science including and not limited to: forensic anthropology, dentistry, entomology, and toxicology. Forensic Science portrayed information on crime scene analysis, different methods, and techniques used by scientists in the field (Brenda Lerner and Lee Lerner 1). While reading about different sources from these two, I have seen very in depth analysis and relevant examples. After reading information from many of their sources, having these two in my Analysis Paper is a must.
            I have commented on many blogs throughout this semester and one specific blog has constant feedback and posts. Alicia Lusiardo from the University of Florida is the only forensic anthropologist in Uruguay. She has many blogs on different fields of forensic science and talks about new developments of techniques and has an effective community of forensic scientists and interested persons commenting on her blogs. Alicia has created a community for forensic science and in a way is a role model for me for my own posts and will be used in my Analysis Paper.
            The upcoming Analysis Paper will not be limited to these authors or sources but will be considered and will be enriched with many options to write about. Kobilinsky covers the history of forensic science while the Lerners have great summaries and analysis' of forensic science. Forensic science is a great topic to blog about because there are many different subfields of forensic science. The only downside to writing about forensic science is that it is very dry and bland to people not already interested in the science. Nonetheless, I feel that the authors and sources I have above will be more than suffice for my upcoming Analysis Paper.
Works Cited
"Forensic Science." World of Forensic Science. Ed. K. Lee Lerner and Brenda Wilmoth Lerner. Detroit: Gale, 2011. Science In Context. Web. 3 Apr. 2013.
Kobilinsky, Lawrence. "Forensic Science." Encyclopedia of Law Enforcement. Ed. Larry E. Sullivan, et al. Vol. 1: State and Local. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Reference, 2005. 192-197. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 3 Apr. 2013.
Lusiardo, Alicia. "UF Forensic Science Blog – Author." UF Forensic Science Blog – Author. Blog, n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! Nice job here highlighting your community for the analysis paper. Did you realize that you have basically written that section of the paper right here in this post? Make sure to bring this as part of your draft 1: I'd like to show it to other students in class if that's ok with you! Just shoot me an email so I can prepare ahead of time and make some copies.

    ReplyDelete